Friday, June 24, 2011

Malachi 2 - Low-grade Disappointment

This is a powerful illustration about being faithful to our God.  The nation of Israel had so often forsaken it's "first love" and served other God's.  And here the prophet Malachi brings a warning/declaration that if/because you don't resolve to honor God curses are coming your way.  And there is some graphic discussion of how that will be playing out that I will choose not to discuss here.

Bottom line here is simple, and sometimes simple is best:

We must stay faithful to God!  We must "resolve to honor Him" in our lives!  If we don't, unpleasant things are heading our way.

The end of the chapter hit me like a ton of bricks:  vs 17 "you have wearied the Lord with your words".
One thing I hope will never be said of me is "you have wearied the Lord with your words".  So one thing I will do this day is "resolve to honor the Lord".

God, help it be so in my life!

Mathew McCabe

No comments:

Post a Comment