Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Obadiah - No Time To Gloat


To me this chapter is a warning. Green Day wrote a song about warning signs. The song is about how would life be like if we lived a life without reading warning signs. It's kinda humorous and the video is funny too. In this chapter God is telling Esau's nation and the accomplices that you have ignored My warnings and you shall pay for what you have done, and are going to do. God is taking up for His people.

I see two things that stand out in this chapter. One is pride. Pride gets us all at some point, right? We get tangled up in ourselves, and the next thing you know we have ruined a great thing because of our pride. We have ruined a good friendship, a marriage, or even a church. The nations that are coming against Israel are prideful, because they have committed these acts against the nation of Israel, and that Israel is not the nation God wanted them to be. God warns them of being prideful and gloating in verses 12-15.

Next I see God's LOVE for His people. Can you imagine a God that loves His people so much that even when they don't claim Him to be their God he still looks after them? These are the same people that have killed His prophets, and have worshipped other gods in His temple, and yet He will persecute those that persecute them. That is an amazing love. 

If you have read my blogs then you know that I try to take away something from every chapter that I can apply directly in my life, and what I am taking away from this chapter is two things. One is don't mess with God's people. That ain't no joke!! Second thing is, not to ignore the warning signs God has for us. We see spiritual warning signs all the time and they are called temptations. We are tempted and this big red light starts blinking, and we have a decision to make, either choose sin or choose righteousness. I want to follow God's path for my life, so I am praying I don’t ignore those warning signs and choose righteousness.

John 

No comments:

Post a Comment