Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Colossians 1 - Spanning the Gap

 Vs 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 


When I was a kid I hated baths. I mean what boy really likes baths. I would be busy playing with my He-Men and then my mom would yell, "John it's time for a bath." I would put it off for as long as I could, and once I got in the bathtub I would speed clean, so I could get back to defending the universe. I in know way would say I was a clean child. Eventually my mom and dad began inspecting these baths and found out that I was cheating the system. I was bummed!!


If you and I were to stand before God we would be dirty. No matter how much we cleaned ourselves we would appear like we jumped in a mud puddle. We would be so unclean that our sins would send us to eternal separation from Him. 


What makes verse 22 so beautiful is that through Christ death we are made holy in His sight. We are without blemish. We are clean!! Satan keeps trying to tell us that we are not good enough, that we are worthless, that we deserve death, but Christ death gives us freedom from these accusations. 


There will be days that you will feel stifled in your walk with Christ, because satan will remind you of your past, but you have to remember this verse. You have to remember that when you are in Christ His sacrifice makes you holy, clean, and free from accusation!


John

1 comment: