Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Genesis 2 - One Shining Moment

When I read this chapter I think about my wife and my children. When I am around Sherra, (my wife) I am so thankful I have one less rib. I am thankful that there wasn’t an animal suitable for Adam, and WHOA-MAN was formed. Guys could you imagine if some hairy beast would have been suitable in the beginning. I am sure some ladies are reading this and thinking, “Yeah I married/am dating one.” With that said, man and woman will leave their families to be joined in love, and that is a beautiful thing.

With my children, I think about those first few seconds that they came into this world. Something crazy and beautiful happens in those first few moments. We immediately would lay down our very lives for our kids. What is even more beautiful is that when God created man from dust, He knew He would have to lay down His life for His children. Let’s all be honest, if we knew we would have to die for our kids, a lot of us would not sign up for parenthood. When God breathed life into man’s nostrils, He saw the cross, and when I think of that I am overwhelmed.

So, when I read Genesis 2, I read God created LOVE.

-John Gist

4 comments:

  1. WHOA, John. Good tho'ts. Thanks for sharing them w/ us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I are enjoying this together. What a great way to spend time together, growing closer to God. The Blogs are just an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids love doing this at night before bed, thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting that this chapter is our reading today. As the Maryland House of Delegates is opening a debate tomorrow on legislation that will allow gay couples to marry, I read this and pray Gods hand will lead our representatives and give them courage. The vote is very close. If you would like to have your voice heard, please call your state representative.

    "That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."

    ReplyDelete