Friday, August 5, 2011

John 14 - One Final Meal Together

A few years ago I took this week long class about the Father heart of God. I was so confused in the class because all we kept discussing was Jesus. It took me till Wednesday when I finally put together that the only way to the Father is through Jesus. Something that this chapter touches on.
 
Well here we interrupt Jesus and His disciples having their last meal together. Sometimes I try to picture myself in the scene. (I believe Ken has an actual word for what this process is called, you should ask him sometime.)
If the person where my whole life is occupied around, is saying that he is going to be leaving, what would I do at this last meal? What would you do in these last moments? What questions would I ask? 

I love the honest and humble questions and comments that the disciples ask. "We do not know the way that you are going. How can we know the way?" vs 5. "Show us the Father." vs. 8. And I feel like Jesus answers these questions in an encouraging and loving manner.
 
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." 
 
Again we can see the mystery that Ken touched on yesterday. The beauty that Jesus was fully man and fully God. He is divine. It is all about Jesus. 

He is a beautiful man. And He leads to the father. 

What a dangerously wonderful last meal. He promises and assures the greatness that is to come. If we only knew what was to come.

Well that's all I got folks.

Charity Harlan. 

1 comment:

  1. It is a great feeling to know, Jesus loves us enough today, to give us a guide/counselour to get through life. We are not alone and never will be.

    Verse 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid

    ReplyDelete