Friday, August 12, 2011

Mark 15 - The Last Temptation

Let me start off by saying "ooooffffffhhhhhh". What an intensely think chapter.

Before I sat down to compose my thoughts. Someone gave me excellent advice. This is one of the stories that we know so well, it has become so familiar to us. There are books upon books and even movies about the events in Mark 15. What is something that we may have over looked, something that honestly stood out to you that you may not have noticed in previous readings?

After the dust settled and after consulting a wise person about this chapter. I noticed what happened after Jesus had died. I do not believe I ever thought about what happened after He was crucified. How was he taken care of? What about the people that were around?

Verses 40-47 speak to those exact questions.

How beautiful was the gestures of the women in this chapter. They were dedicated to the Jesus, ministering to His needs during this dark day. What intensely provoking devotion to our Savior. But the job was not finished there. How wonderful was the courage of the man who asked for the body of Christ so he could give Him a respectable burial. This was his way of showing his devotion.

As you read this text, what is something that spoke to you in a way that has not before?

The word of the Lord is living and active, amen? Amen.

-Charity Harlan

No comments:

Post a Comment