Friday, April 22, 2011

2 Samuel 6 - King of Passion

Let's try this again.  Strike two for Mr. Youth Pastor.  If you were paying attention and logging into the blog this morning you would have noticed two things.  1.  First I totally spaced writing a blog for the chapter today.  Ann Barker keenly noticed that at 7 this morning and let me know.  No excuses I just blew it.  Sorry about that.  2.  Then, while finishing an all night Star Wars Movie Marathon Guys Night with the high schoolers at church (mind you....I had not yet slept) I went to the One80 page at the Cedarbrook site and clicked on the chapter for Friday.  Unfortunately it was for next Friday.  After reading, pondering, and writing my thoughts in the blog, it came to my attention (thank you Janet S for catching it) that I posted the wrong blog.  So....here we go again:

Lots of different emotions displayed in this chapter.  Anger.  Fear.  Jealousy.  Rejoicing.  Maybe because it happens at the end of the chapter, or maybe because it displays something that we all wish we could have more of; the one that stands out the most for me is the unbridled passion of King David as he danced before the Lord.  If you are like me, far too often we feel inhibited in our worship of our King.  What will people think?  Will they think I am weird?  Our pride gets in our way and we hold back.  To steal a thought from Janet S post on my previous blog, "to let loose just a little bit...especially as we approach Easter this Sunday".  Maybe this chapter is an encouragement for us to worship with unbridled passion this weekend especially.  Made me think of a song by David Crowder Band.  Enjoy the listen, and looking forward to worshiping with you Easter morning!




Mathew McCabe

3 comments:

  1. First of all, glad to know that our staff sleeps and not always staying up until the wee hours to post a blog...(I had just checked the blog moments ago and (shock!), today's was blank!) But am I missing something...weren't you supposed to blog on 2 Samuel 6? Perhaps more sleep is needed? I shall go back and read!

    Yes, Mathew, in response to your question...all too often I'm afraid.

    To dance undignified as David did in celebration of God's awesome-ness...to let loose just a little bit...especially as we approach Easter this Sunday. I'm not so inclined (usually!) but I do plan to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we are suppose to write about the chapter from tonights study; however, I feel like breaking the rules for one night.

    I want to thank pastor Abbot and the staff of Cederbrook for a wonderful night of worship and praise. (Thank you worship team)

    Tonight we had a communion service, that was so powerful and heart filling. It was so spiritual for me. I rode an emotional roller coaster tonight, all the way to the end I was on the edge of my seat.

    It is "only Friday" as we concluded with tonight. Now the pain and suffering for Christ is finally over. What amazes me is, he went through all of this because of people like me. He knew I would be born a sinner, and still sacrificed everything to give ME "a future and hope."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey McCabe! Matt Redman wrote that song (1995?) not Crowder who performed it somewhere in the 2004-2006 time frame. Get more sleep.

    ReplyDelete