Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Psalms 19 - Outdoor Lessons

So as a worship pastor Psalms is where it's at! I love the way the Psalmist articulate their heart and soul throughout the book.

In this particular chapter I LOVE the first 4 verses. The way David puts in to words the way the heavens cry out and praise God without saying a word is amazing to me. As a songwriter I would love to write something that thought provoking and that moving.

Recently I was at lunch with a Cedarbrook member and they made me realize something I've never thought of in worship. They stated that they were not good at praying to God. They always felt inadequate talking to God, but singing worship songs, hymns, and psalms made it much easier. What a great outlet for those of us that are not so great with words!!

As I read this chapter I couldn't help but think that this is a GREAt chapter to memorize and pray when our words are not enough. So if you struggle like I do at times talking to God this chapter can help tell God how we feel.

I think David's words even help me end my blog.

"So let these words of my mouth and the meditations  of my heart be acceptable in Your sight my Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer."

John

2 comments:

  1. Two things caught my attention with this chapter.

    One, how David had some understanding about science and the earth's rotation. In the verse it states, "It (sun) rises at one end of the heavens and makes it circuit)" I thought it was someone like Galleo who got all the credit for figuring that out.

    The second is David's closing verse in talking about having the meditations of his heart be pleasing to God. That is my challenge each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "may the Words I say, and the things I do make my lifesong sing- bring a smile to you." - casting crowns

    I highly recommend life stories buy mark hall.

    ReplyDelete