Tuesday, July 26, 2011

John 10 - No Secrets

At one of my darkest hours I prayed that God reveal to me all my short comings. I was asking God to help me fix my fence that was allowing the enemy to come into my life and steal, kill, and destroy. When I was finally honest with God, He was honest me. He put a magnifying glass on all the sins that kept giving the enemy a foothold in my life.

This chapter Jesus tells the crowd and Pharisee's He is the prophesy fulfilled in the Old Testament and He is the Messiah. Jesus is brutally honest with the Pharisee's and the crowd that is following Him. His honesty nearly gets Him stoned and arrested, but that doesn't stop Him from looking at the crowd and the Pharisee's and telling them like it is.

When God revealed to me my sins that were keeping me from fixing my spiritual walk it was not an easy journey. Honestly I was actually in denial for a little while. I couldn't believe that I had any issues in my life, but eventually God's light shone so bright on my sin that I had to make changes.

When Christ made His claims some of the crowd became enraged. Hearing that a this carpenter's son was the Messiah made them want to arrest and kill Him. Eventually Jesus' claims did get Him killed, but that death leads to salvation.

Hearing what God has to say to you sometimes can be very difficult to swallow, but if you allow His light to shine on your life you will find freedom.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment