Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Luke 2 - No Fear

I was down at the National Mall all day yesterday and it was quiet the spectical. I saw hundreds of thousands of people (some normal..some not so normal) and we were all celebrating together our nations independence. It made me feel very patriotic and I was very thankful for my freedom.

One theme that was talked about all day yesterday was that our nations freedom came with a huge price. Sadly, many men and women have died protecting that freedom. And so, I was humbled yesterday by those thoughts and honored to be an American!

Luke 2 is the start of our spiritual freedom. This is were it all begins. Ever since the fall of man we have been leading up to this day. The day that puts in motion a plan to make it all right again. His name is Jesus.

As we continue to read we will see that our spiritual freedom will come with an incredible sacrifice as well, but this sacrifice will also display the greatest act of love the world has ever seen.

I am always humbled and thankful Jesus is my Savior when I read this chapter, and I am so thankful that the story doesn't end in Malachi!

John

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Great analogy John! The blood shed for our American freedom, From the Revolutionary war to present day soldiers and wars, the sacrifices that have paid the price for us to experience America... And yet, how many do not yet experience the freedom only CHRIST can bring!
    Freedom given to us by blood shed, by "an incredible sacrifice that displays the greatest act of love the world has ever seen!"
    Proud to be an American!
    Humbled to be saved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. That was a great analogy.

    ReplyDelete