Friday, July 22, 2011

John 6 - Food that Edures

Bread.

This past week I have been in Chicago with some wonderful people from The WAVE. Our team helped hand out groceries to some people in the community. I was in awe at the huge pile of bread that we had. It was truly a mountain of carbs! How glorious. (I tried to snag a picture, but did not quite work out.) 

While we have been walking, sitting, and passing out radishes, I have asked  some of the students their thoughts on bread. 

"Do you like bread? Why is bread so wonderful? What is it about bread that makes it a meal beautiful?"
Their answers were varying; however, they all admitted that they are huge fans of bread. And there is something quite mysterious about their love of bread. 

This chapter of John is so rich and packed with solid truth. The one thing I keep thinking about this week though is bread. Jesus refers to himself as the bread of life.  'Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst' -verse 35. Jesus is wonderful, glorious and satisfying. He has given His life so that we can have a full life. 

Please read verses 47-51 again. Because it is beautiful, radical and thick.  We have life because of The Bread. We have life because of the  sacrifice of his flesh. 

That's all I got. 
From the windy city and with thoughts from our fantastic middle school 

Charity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment