Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1 Kings 17 - the Prophets

Talk about fast food!! Birds deliver your food. Somebody should patten that now. Could you imagine a bird delivering your Big Mac and fries to your door step. That would be awesome!! That might be my ticket in becoming a millionaire!

Faithfulness. That is what I read throughout this chapter. From the birds delivering the food, the flour jars never being empty, to the son of the widow being raised from the dead.

God showed His faithfulness to me and my family recently by leading us to Cedarbrook. We prayed for direction and in one quick Google search later God's faithfulness showed up in our lives.

Let's share together how has God shown His faithfulness to you recently?

John






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. This was a tough question to answer. But after some thought, I can see God's faithfulness in the way He continues to send so many people to reach out and comfort me in my time of grief and sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on a rough road of recovery from a dark time in my life, for several years now. I have read in the Bible and several other books, to remain positive, trust in God to provide, and continue to move forward in life. I have also been told the same thing through various friends, pastors, and a counselour I use to talk with.

    I can tell you; this has not been an easy thing to do, and many times I've been tempted to take a step back in time. I'm so grateful that I held my ground; showed patience when needed, and kept true faith that God would provide my "future and hope".

    Every time I could not see a way out of a situation, an answer would always present itself. Over the last several years, God has sent answers over and over and over again. Sometimes we must be patient; and sometimes the answer is put right in front of me, however, I can attest that God always takes care of me.

    God does not always give me the solutions I want, nor does he do it in my time. One thing for sure; in his time, he will answer prayers and provide what is in need (not in want).

    I thank you God for keeping your promise to me.

    ReplyDelete