Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Isaiah 25 – Eloquent Hope


“LORD, you are my God;
   I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
   you have done wonderful things,
   things planned long ago.” (v.1)

In the midst of chapters focused on judgment and destruction, chapter 25 is like an oasis in the desert. It moves into rescue and salvation. I love the picture these verses paint – God is a refuge for the poor and needy in their distress, a shelter from the storm, and shade from the heat. Death will be swallowed up forever, grief will be no more, and a banquet will await those who trust in the Lord. And though none of these wonderful things had happened historically, Isaiah had seen them prophetically and responded with an outburst of praise. His song was one of faith.

I’m not sure I can remember the last time I responded to the Lord with an outburst of praise, but this morning seems like a good time for one.

-Gina G.

1 comment: