Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hosea 11 - Wounded Lover

How did Israel repay God’s fatherly love? By deserting him for idols. Yet how did God respond? He continued to love his people.

“Oh, how can I give you up, Israel? How can I let you go? How can I destroy you like Admah or demolish you like Zeboiim? My heart is torn within me, and my compassion overflows.” (v. 8)

He wouldn’t cast them away forever. He would accomplish his purpose – even in a rebellious people. The punishment they would experience was not meant for destruction. Instead he would bring restoration not only to the nation, but also to the people’s relationship with the Father.

This morning I’m grateful for Hosea’s reminder of God’s deep, undying love for his children. In fact, I’m overwhelmed by it. His love doesn’t depend on us. Though we may stumble and fall, God continues to love.

-Gina G.

1 comment:

  1. I have stumbled many times; and yet, God continues to show me his love.

    I'm so grateful for God's grace and mercy towards me. Thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete